THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Plea to Fox Sports!

Brothers! and yes my Sisters! Football season is approaching! Soon the tables will be full of chips and dip, boneless wings and everything else heart clogging. To many Sunday is the ultimate sabbath day. We get to go to church and worship God which is always a blessing, then off to the TV to watch the game. I believe that for pastors(and future pastors wink,wink), noon is the most life threatening time. The congregation is on edge , looking at their watches and thinking "Boy if Pastor Johnson doesn't shut up we will be here past 12". Then they look at each other and you can see it coming "We have numbers on our side, lets rush him, you grab a bible and I'll hit him with the communion cup". Friends! Just be patient and endure, football awaiteth you soon! Love the pastor do not beat him. I digress... I love football, I am a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan..do not be filled with hate! Repent sinners!(Packer Fans). I enjoy yelling at my team(or TV) and cheering them on. Sometimes I am called away from my TV and spend the Holidays with friends and family. This is where my plea comes in... Thanksgiving of 2009, Melissa and I went to some friends house for..drumroll..Thanksgiving. This meant no TV for Rev.Rugg. Thanksgiving the Cowboys always play a game. So I was faced with the only option I had..Tape it. So I put in a blank tape, grab the 10 tons of food Melissa cooked (which rocked) then headed to our friends house. We had a great time, I made like a turkey and got stuffed. But while I was there my mind was occupied. "Cowboys better be kicking some butt" and "I wonder what the score is?". After we ate, we enjoyed dessert. After you eat dessert is always the best time to bail out because the prescribed nap time enters. NO, not this time. Somebody suggested a movie...grrrrrrr. So we watched this dull movie and got home late. I was overcome with joy! My tape! So I get ready, break out the cowboys helmet and i'm ready to get rowdy! Then it happened...my world fell apart. I play the tape and fox played FIGURE SKATING!!! I have a tape of 6 hours of junk, by junk I mean figure skating. Men prancing and twirling wearing tights! Ladies leaping and spinning! NOT FOOTBALL. I could not believe it. Who in the world thought this was acceptable, who says, "man i'm so full I could explode, guys lets go in the living room and watch figure skating" or "Hun, could you pick up some wings and soda, the guys and I are going to watch figure skating" then walks in Jim wearing a tutu screaming "WOOOOO this is going to rock!!!!" no, we watch football, we wear jerseys (and our food we spilled). So Fox sports, PLEASE do not wreck our sabbath or Holidays, give us football, do not play figure skating! Yours Truly, Rev.Rugg

0 comments: