THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 18, 2010

About time....Red sauce!

Brothers and Sisters you have no idea how happy I am to share this with you. Pull up what ever you are sitting on and let the Rev tell you the story. I am a huge fan of all things grilled and BBQ. Seriously, ask any red blooded man on the planet if any food over an open flame tastes good and you be overwhelmed with a deafening...YES! So picture it, January 2009, My wife and I arrived to South Carolina. Now if you watch any food network show dealing with BBQ the south will always have a mention as being BBQ capital of the world. So when our feet hit southern soil I was ready to be blown away. Taste buds working in overtime and a river of drool flowing ,I started a journey to seek out this legendary BBQ. Well, the day came. I found BBQ. This is the day the dreams of good BBQ ended. The Rev found this: Brothers and Sisters, what you see is YELLOW BBQ SAUCE!...my taste buds died! It's mustard based. Picture Frenches Mustard watered down and poured over your BBQ. This injustice to BBQ kills the taste of all it comes across. I thought "maybe this is a joke, where's the camera at?" but then I thought "this can't be a joke, it's a crime to tamper with BBQ this way...Famous Dave would be ticked if he saw this, probably the reason he made devil spit because this sauce needs to suffer in the flames." I asked a friend who's name will be withheld for his protection from angry red sauce loving northerners (who have very right to angry). We will call him..Matt, I said "Matt does anyone have red sauce here?" he replied "Naw, we have mustard sauce, we don't like that red stuff". At that point I heard the sounds of banjos playing and rednecks slapping their knees with straw in there mouth mocking me. My dreams....my hopes....I cried out...NOOOOOOO..then softly wept. Then the day came. My wife wanted to go for BBQ, so I pulled myself up by my boot straps to take my girl out...for BBQ(if you can call it that). We went to Hudson Smokehouse. We sit down...Melissa says "J.R. Look! with green eyes glistening". I look and a light from heaven hit my plate: RED SAUCE! I heard angels singing Amazing Grace. I put this sauce on my pork and BAM..I was back in BBQ heaven. Attention southern Brothers and Sisters: This is how you do BBQ sauce. Red not yellow. Now to my northern Brothers and Sisters, when traveling south B.Y.O.BBQ.S (Bring your own BBQ sauce) or better yet, go to Hudson's Smokehouse! Beware when you watch the food network, this is not the BBQ capital...but when you watch Paula Dean..the food is that greasy and to that..Amen! I hope this prepares you for future culinary delights or just made you laugh. Rev.Rugg

0 comments: