THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 12, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Pontiff defeat death.

Let me first give glory to God that we are fine and we can now laugh about it...now to the story! Melissa and I went to the lake yesterday to swim and attempt to tan. We had a good time and splashed around in the water for about an hour when some cloud cover came in. Since tanning was now out of the question we decided to leave shortly after. The lake is about a 30 minute drive from the house and along the way it stormed hard! Rain was coming down so hard the roads became rivers and we pretty much hydroplaned home. We got home safe, turned the tv on and the news said that the stretch of road we were on had been hit hard and trees were down. So after dinner we returned a red box movie and went back out that way. We saw maybe 2 trees down and just decided to keep driving to areas we have not been to. Along the way I was driving at 53mph in Winnsboro at night when the road seemed to split..so i went straight..not knowing that i was in a turn lane...at this point Melissa screamed JR! I found myself heading in the field between the highway at 53mph! The last stretch of pavement I had I slammed on the breaks and the car went into a slight swerve but the Lord kept the rubber on the road. I looked at Melissa and her Jaw was wide open...I thought I wet myself but was good. Before the Lord called me to a Pastor I used to be a firefighter, and from experience that was a situation that always ends up in disaster. But God is Good and we just laughed about it 3 minutes later. I made us cookies and cream shakes when we got home to calm our nerves and went to bed. Just other day for Rev Rugg.

0 comments: