THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This is just wrong!

When i was up in Superior I was helping Brother Keith work on his boat. There was some re-wiring to do on the boat because who ever did it before him had no clue what they were doing. It was like some guys got together and used 200 feet of every wire possible in a 16 foot fishing boat. So Keith was going to make it more simple and also hook up his new radio, which rocks. But that old broken tape player am/fm dial radio he replaced was a close second. So before he went to work he picked me up and we went to Northern Tools and to Menards. We we got into Menards it was the most insane layout we have ever seen. Nothing was in any kind of order. It took us forever to find what we wanted. In the process a shining object grabbed our attention, we noticed it was a grill. So we beat a path to it and behold: At first I was like, "wow four burners plus a side burner for beans". Then I saw that computer in the middle. At this point in the story is where Brother Keith and I disagree. He thinks that is awesome. I think that is anti-testosterone like. What man needs a computer on his grill? This thing tells you the temp of the grill, keeps your cooking time and it also comes with a light in the grill so you can see your food. What happened to the days of skill when a man was a man and cooked food over fire and could tell if it was done with out an electronic device? First of all, I have a two burner grill with no light and no thermometer. I cooked steaks last night for Melissa and I, ask her if they rocked, she will say yes! And why would i need a light. My grill is by my porch, if I grill at night I can use my..tada...porch light. Was this built for Billy Bob who takes his grill out to the back 80 and grills in the woods? They make camping grills for this! I think we are going to overboard with computers today. One day I'm going to cook ribs and will have to wait for Bill Gates Windows 18.2 version to boot up before my grill starts, just so it can freeze or give me an error message in the middle of grilling. My hat goes off to those Brothers...and Sisters who just grill. To the maker of this grill, two thumbs down, take that robot junk off my fire box..Now! Sorry Keith, I know we disagree on this, I invite you to email your point of view and I will post it as my first guest blog! Till then! Peace out ya'll Rev. Rugg

0 comments: